- £95.00 RVC is still assessing this module for candidates enrolled before 1st August 2012 but it is no longer available for enrolment
- £525.00 Assessment
- £620.00 Enrolment + Assessment
You can only purchase this course online if you are an existing CertAVP candidate. During the checkout process you will be required to enter your RVC username.
How to enrol as a new CertAVP candidate.
About this course
On completion of the Professional Key Skills Module 9A-PKS), candidates will have demonstrated:
- An ability to reflect on their professional activities within the context of several key areas (see below) relevant to veterinary practice or business
- Knowledge of management and leadership principles relevant to their experience of veterinary practice or industry in relevant key areas (as below)
- An ability to engage with and critically review literature relevant to their area of study
- Good written communication skills
- An ability to critically analyse, problem solve and engage with evidence-based decision making in all aspects of professional life
- Competence in appropriately citing and formatting references within written work
- Reflective skills that enable understanding of the issues relevant to their area of veterinary profession and the candidate’s learning as a result of completing the module
Please note that the RCVS has introduced a new A module - Foundations of Advanced Veterinary Practice (A-FAVP.1). This module replaces A-PKS.1 for newly enrolled candidates at the RVC from 1st September 2012 and enrolments on A-PKS.1 at the RVC ceased on 1st August 2012. Candidates who are currently enrolled on A-PKS.1 at the RVC and wish to transfer to A-FAVP.1 may do so - please fill in the transfer form found in the forms section of the website or by clicking on this link.
Stephen May, MA VetMB PhD DVR DEO FRCVS DipECVS
Professor of Equine Medicine and Surgery
The Royal Veterinary College