£95.00 - £620.00
You can only purchase this course online if you are an existing CertAVP candidate. During the checkout process you will be required to enter your RVC username.
How to enrol as a new CertAVP candidate.
About this course
The aim of the module is to promote critical evaluation of the concept of clinical governance, how its principles apply in veterinary practice, and what value it has in terms of maintaining and improving the quality of veterinary health care
On successful completion of the module, successful candidates will be able to:
- Identify and appraise information on clinical governance pertinent to its application in veterinary practice.
- Explain the key concepts and principles of clinical governance.
- Discuss the relevance of clinical governance principles, values and processes to veterinary practice.
- Assess strategies for developing and sustaining clinical governance in veterinary practice, including factors which facilitate and impede implementation.
- Evaluate the impact of implementing clinical governance approaches in an area of practice familiar to them.
- Critically reflect on the effectiveness of clinical governance processes as means to improve the quality of veterinary care.
Assessed in collaboration with Vet Learning.
Dr Bradley Viner, BVetMed MSc(VetGP) DProf MRCVS
Module Leader, Vet Learning