£95.00 - £620.00
You can only purchase this course online if you are an existing CertAVP candidate. During the checkout process you will be required to enter your RVC username.
How to enrol as a new CertAVP candidate.
About this course
The aim of the module is to provide a broad, yet critical, introduction to the principles of management and leadership as they apply to veterinary services, systems and organisations. The module is intended to equip candidates with the relevant strategic and operational management and leadership skills needed to contribute to the effective running of the organisations in which they work. Candidates will explore how insights from a variety of academic disciplines can be applied to their particular spheres of practice in order to develop their knowledge, understanding and capability.
On successful completion of the module, candidates will be able to:
- Explain key theories and principles relevant to the effective management of organisations and judge the value of these from different veterinary perspectives
- Review strategies, models and tools for the management of veterinary organisations and apply them constructively to practical and theoretical professional situations
- Evaluate the function and performance of veterinary organisations and systems, including their financial, organisational, and quality management processes
- Discuss the nature of leadership and organisational change, and how these contribute not only to the development of veterinary organisations and cultures but ultimately to animal health and welfare objectives
- Identify and evaluate sources and types of information needed to support decision-making for veterinary management and leadership.
Demonstrate personal skills and abilities, particularly:
- Self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems
- Effective decision-making in complex and unpredictable situations
- Independent learning and continuing professional development
- Effective team-working and communication.
Assessed in collaboration with Vet Learning.
Dr Paul Manning, MA VetMB MSc(VetGP) DProf MRCVS
Module Leader, Vet Learning