We are sorry this course is now full. Please contact the CPD office on 01707 666 865 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list of interest and receive priority booking for next year's course.
Alternatively you can book by post or fax using our Registration Form
- See main text
On site CPD
About this course
This is a two-day course covering the most common applications of dentistry in general practice through lectures and hands-on wet labs on canine cadavers. Both days can be booked separately or together.
The basics of oral diagnosis and extraction techniques will be discussed and practiced.
- Dental charting
- The use of different probes and how to use a dental mirror to your advantage
- How to take good dental radiographs
- Do’s and don’ts in scaling and polishing
- How to perform closed extractions confidently and with control
- Regional nerveblocks
Will cover more advanced topics as well as an opportunity for a radiography recap.
- The use of muco-periosteal flaps for surgical extractions of:
- mandibular & maxillary canine teeth
- carnassial teeth
- multiple teeth in one quadrant
- Root remnant removal
- Basic oro-nasal fistula repair
- Principles of biopsying oral mass lesions