This course last ran 13 Feb 2017, we may be releasing new dates soon, please contact us for further information.
Alternatively you can book by post or fax using our Registration Form
- Understanding the key microscopic skills
- Top tips on making high quality blood smears, fine needle aspirates, imprints, and fluid preparations
- Staining optimisation and microscope care
- Interpretation of peripheral blood smears
- Understanding the limitation of haematology analysers
- Systematic approach to common and/or characteristic skin mass and lymph node aspirates
- Examples of common organ and cavity aspirates/lesions
- Learning about optimising your communication with pathologists
e-CPD - What is this?
About this course
This six week online course is designed to improve participants' knowledge and skills in interpreting blood smears and cytological specimens frequently seen in small animal practice. Participants will develop a logical approach to interpretation of peripheral blood smears and cytological samples through a case-based approach. It is suitable for all clinicians in small animal practice who wish to improve their approach and their skills in haematology and cytology.
Course materials are a combination of an online haematology and cytology manual, a multitude of case assessment exercises and discussion forums in which participants review and discuss cases with their colleagues and the tutors. Participants can earn up to 42 CPD hours. It would also be useful CPD for veterinarians preparing for the RCVS CertAVP Clinical Pathology C module (C-VP.2).