£199.00 - £750.00
Alternatively you can book by post or fax using our Registration Form
- - Clinical pharmacology of local anaesthetic drugs
- - Indications for local anaesthesia
- - Practical techniques for local anaesthesia
- Practical sessions:
- - Epidurals/spinal anaesthesia
- - Head/dental blocks
- - Hind limb and forelimb blocks
- - Other useful local anaesthetic techniques
On site CPD
About this course
This is a practical onsite course that aims to teach participants the skills required to implement local anaesthesia techniques on a day to day basis in veterinary practice. The course is designed to cover information relevant for both vets and nurses. We encourage vets and nurses from the same practice to attend the course so that a coordinated approach to analgesia in their practice can be developed. Relevant legislation will be covered.
Wet lab facilities will allow all participants plenty of time to practise each technique. The course will conclude with material covering alternative techniques, such as continuous infusions, that can be used when local techniques are unsuccessful or inappropriate.