CPD Hours: 42 hours
Course Length: Six weeks
Course Format: An intensive tutor-moderated learning experience. Resources include electronic course notes, videos, case assessments, self-assessment quizzes and discussion forums in which participants review and discuss cases with colleagues and the tutor
Alternatively you can download and email using our Registration Form
- The perfect neurological examination for dogs or cats and how to localise the lesion
- Problem solving and management of seizure disorders
- Vestibular system – central or peripheral? What does it really mean?
- Problem solving in spinal diseases – specific neuro exam findings for specific diseases
- Weakness – define the problem, define the system
- Neurological emergencies – no reason to panic
No need for neurophobia – the five finger rule will enable you to tackle any neuro case with confidence!
This course aims to equip you with the knowledge and skills required to apply clinical reasoning skills to important neurological problems that present in small animal practice. Not only will you develop and strengthen your problem solving skills in veterinary neurology, you will also become more confident in identifying abnormalities seen on the neurological examination and in managing neurological cases.
Why do this course?
Neurology is like maths – people either love it or hate it. We will provide you with tools to enable you to think like a neurologist and feel confident to manage any neurological presentation. We hope to make you love neurology!
Holger Volk, DVM DipECVN PhD FHEA MRCVS
Professor for Small Animal Diseases, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover
Honorary Professor of Veterinary Neurology and Neurosurgery, The Royal Veterinary College