This course last ran 31 Oct 2017, we may be releasing new dates soon, please contact us for further information.
Alternatively you can book by post or fax using our Registration Form
- Ovariohysterectomy vs ovariectomy – pitfalls and tips
- Cryptorchid castrations
- Urinary tract imaging – what study to choose and how to interpret
- Catheterisation tips in male and female dogs and cats
- Urinary tract trauma – patient management including imaging and surgical tips
- Bladder surgery – tips on ideal patient preparation and how to avoid leaving calculi behind
- Cystostomy tubes
- Kidney and ureter – common surgical procedures including nephrectomy and how to diagnose ureteric obstruction
On site CPD
About this course
Due to tutor availability we have had to unfortunately cancel this course. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Are you wondering if it really is OK to just do an oviariectomy? Worried about leaving calculi behind when you do a cystotomy? This two-day course will consist of the principles of urogenital surgery and will focus on common first opinion surgeries and touch upon more advanced procedures. The cadaver session will involve a demonstration including tips and tricks to improve your outcome and the opportunity to practice the surgeries yourselves. There will also be a session on urogenital diagnostic imaging to practice your radiography skills and the opportunity to discuss challenging cases you may have encountered in practice.
The first day will be lecture based with videos of surgical procedures, the second day will include imaging and cadaver practicals. There will be lots of opportunities throughout the day to ask questions and practise techniques.