£95.00 - £620.00
You can only purchase this course online if you are an existing CertAVP candidate. During the checkout process you will be required to enter your RVC username.
How to enrol as a new CertAVP candidate.
About this course
At the end of the modules, candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- A sound working knowledge of the common health and management problems and their epidemiology in the minor poultry species and in game birds.
- Strategies for diagnosis, disease prevention and control.
- A sound working knowledge of hatcheries and incubation and the identification and prevention of hatchery/incubation problems.
- A good understanding of the welfare and health issues in hatching poultry and in day old chicks
- A sound working knowledge of the legislative requirements applicable to poultry production, processing and product export, and a sound understanding of the legislation relevant to zoonoses and notifiable diseases.
- A thorough understanding of primary processing, further processing, meat inspection, and hygiene issues.
- The identification of the common causes of downgrades and rejects and the development of strategies to minimize loses.
- The welfare issues related to poultry slaughter and the means to audit the process.
Full module details can be accessed by downloading the Module Oultine below:
Barry Thorp, BVMS PhD DiplECPVS MRCVS
Specialist Poultry Veterinarian and Partner
St David's Poultry Team