£95.00 - £620.00
You can only purchase this course online if you are an existing CertAVP candidate. During the checkout process you will be required to enter your RVC username.
How to enrol as a new CertAVP candidate.
About this course
At the end of the module, candidates should be able to:
- Thoroughly understand the anatomical, physiological, immunological and pathological processes involved in specific surgical diseases, including the relationships between the condition, surgical technique and the overall health status of the patient.
- Show thorough familiarity with the clinical presentation of the common surgical conditions affecting dogs, cats and other small mammals
- Understand and promote the diagnostic processes necessary prior to embarking on a surgical procedure
- Review and constructively criticise current literature on the soft tissue surgery, to enable them to determine its relevance to their current practice
- Utilise their understanding of Evidence Based Medicine and Decision Analysis to develop practical diagnostic and treatment protocols for their patients
- Use available resources and communicate with owners in such a way as to achieve optimum results in their practice circumstances in relation to surgical cases
- Review the outcomes of at least part of their clinical work, using the process of clinical audit to improve performance
- Recognise when a case is truly unusual, and become familiar with the information resources available to enable them to deal with such cases
- Recognise when a case is beyond their personal or practice capabilities, and provide an effective channel of referral
Vicky Lipscomb, MA VetMB CertSAS DipECVS FHEA MRCVS
Associate Professor of Soft Tissue Surgery
The Royal Veterinary College