Alternatively you can book by post or fax using our Registration Form
- See main text
On site CPD
About this course
Need more confidence handling challenging dental cases?
This is a two-day course focussing on extractions in small animal practice. It includes a strong practical component with canine and fox specimen, and lectures that cover both canine and feline aspects.
Why do this course?
Fine-tune your extraction skills, and at the same time become more knowledgeable and confident addressing your dental cases.
Day 1: The foundations
• The foundations of oral diagnosis
• Dos and don’ts of scaling and polishing
• How to take good dental radiographs
• How to perform closed extractions confidently and with control
• Regional nerve blocks and analgesia for dental patients
Day 2: Surgical extractions and case discussions
• The use of muco-periosteal flaps for the surgical extraction of mandibular, maxillary and carnassial teeth
• Root remnant removal
• Radiographic interpretation & case discussions covering
• Periodontal disease: when to extract?
• Fractured teeth: when to treat?
• Treating teeth affected by resorption
Course format: Lectures, case-based discussions and practical sessions
Course length: Two-day