Course Format: Distance learning, assessment only - encouraging independent, adult-centred, self-directed learning
Assessment: 4 essays and 40 minute online quiz
Timetable: Submit work anytime and online quiz is run twice a year
You can only purchase this course online if you are an existing CertAVP candidate. During the checkout process you will be required to enter your RVC username.
How to enrol as a new CertAVP candidate.
On successful completion of the module, candidates will be able to:
- Describe the thinking and decision-making processes required for advanced professional practice.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the principles of emergency care (including first aid, pain relief, euthanasia and emergency slaughter) in all species that might be encountered by veterinarians in general practice in the UK.
- Explain the roles and responsibilities which veterinary surgeons have in relation to protecting animal and human health.
- Interpret and appraise their obligations towards animal welfare and professional conduct as laid down in the RCVS Guide to Professional Conduct.
- Describe the reasons for maintaining and improving the quality and safety of the service they provide and the means of achieving this.
- Demonstrate the following key skills required for advanced professional and personal development
- Communicate confidently and effectively in order to achieve their professional objectives.
- Evaluate their own strengths and weaknesses and demonstrate the importance of maintaining and developing professional competence.
- Gather, organise, analyse, interpret and present complex data and information for the purpose of advanced professional and personal development.
Please download the Module Outline, found in the Key Information box