Course Format: Distance learning, assessment only - encouraging independent, adult-centred, self-directed learning
Enrolment: August - December
Assessment: Case diary with synopsis, case reports and practical exam
Timetable: December - September
You can only purchase this course online if you are an existing CertAVP candidate. During the checkout process you will be required to enter your RVC username.
How to enrol as a new CertAVP candidate.
At the end of the module, candidates should be able to:
- Thoroughly understand the pathophysiological basis of changes in laboratory test results
- Show thorough familiarity with the interpretation of laboratory test results in relation to other test results and the clinical condition
- Review and constructively criticise current literature on the specialty, to enable them to determine the relevance to their current practice
- Utilise their understanding of evidence based medicine and decision analysis to develop practical diagnostic protocols for their patients
- Recognise when a case is truly unusual and become familiar with information resources available to enable them to deal with such cases
- Recognise when a case is beyond their personal or practice capabilities for continued testing and monitoring
Please download the Module Outline, found in the Key Information box