Alternatively you can book by post or fax using our Registration Form
- Introduction to surgical staplers, the what, how and why?
- Surgical stapler use in abdominal surgery
- Get in get out - The use of staplers in the gastrointestinal tract
- The liver - biopsies, lobectomy with and without staplers
- Biliary surgery - Cholecystectomy tips and tricks
- Renal surgery - what’s possible and what’s appropriate
- Can't pee won’t pee - Perineal urethrostomy
- Urinary incontinence – surgical plumbing options
- Septic peritonitis - diagnosis, surgical management and postoperative care?
Are you only using staples to close skin incisions? Do you want to feel confident to tackle more advanced abdominal surgeries?
If you enjoyed ‘Abdominal surgery – the essentials’ or feel confident about the basics of abdominal surgery, this is the next course to take your surgical skills a few steps further. Day 1 will cover the theory, planning and practical tips for abdominal surgery including disease processes, diagnostic challenges, surgical procedures and post-operative management. Day 2 will be spent practising surgical techniques on cadavers.
Why do this course?
This course will be a great opportunity for those new to surgical staplers to get some hands on experience while those familiar with using staples will have the opportunity to build on their experience and learn some new tips and tricks.