- The foundations of oral diagnosis
- Do’s and don’ts of scaling and polishing
- How to take good dental radiographs
- How to perform closed extractions confidently and with control
- Regional nerve blocks and analgesia for dental patients
- The use of muco-periosteal flaps for the surgical extraction of mandibular, maxillary and carnassial teeth delete underlined and just add for surgical extractions
- Root remnant removal
- Radiographic interpretation and case discussions covering
- - Periodontal disease: when to extract?
- - Fractured teeth: when to treat?
- Treating teeth affected by resorption
We plan to run this course on Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th October 2021. The RVC is committed to providing a safe learning environment for all our students so we may be required to make changes to course provision depending on the COVD-19 situation in the coming year. We will therefore not require payment until we are confident the course can go ahead. Please register your interest in attending by emailing email@example.com
Would you like to improve the quality of the dental care you can offer your patients?
This two-day course focuses on extractions in small animal practice. It includes a strong practical component with canine and fox cadavers. The lectures, while covering both feline and canine aspects, will concentrate mostly on canine dentistry. The course fee includes a set of IM3 dental instruments to use during the practical and take home at the end of the course.
Why do this course?
Fine-tune your extraction skills, and at the same time become more knowledgeable and confident addressing your dental cases.
Simone Kirby, DipEVDC FHEA MRCVS Tieraerztin, RCVS Recognised Specialist and EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Dentistry,
Veterinary Dental and Oral Surgery Referrals,
The Ralph Veterinary Referral Centre, Marlow
Rachel Perry, BSc BVM&S MANZCVS (Small Animal Dentistry and Oral Surgery) DipEVDC PGCertVetEd MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Specialist and EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Dentistry, Honorary Lecturer in Dentistry, Royal Veterinary College
Director, Perry Referrals