Alternatively you can book by post or fax using our Registration Form
- Feline diabetes mellitus - update on pathophysiology, diagnosis, treatment and remission
- Feline acromegaly - update on presentation, diagnosis and treatment
- Feline hyperthyroidism - update on pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment
- Uncommon feline endocrinopathies (hyperadrenocorticism, hypoadrencorticism, hyperaldosteronism)
- What to do when endocrinopathies clash with co-morbidities
Webinar Plus - What is this?
About this course
1 in 3 diabetic cats can be cured. Acromegaly can occur in non-diabetic cats. If you treat hyperthyroidism with medication, you are opening the door for cancer. If you are curious about these statements, you will definitely learn a lot during this course on feline endocrinology!
In the past decade, significant advances have occurred in the field of feline endocrinology. Achieving diabetic remission is now, rightly or wrongly, heavily promoted, there is an additional option for the treatment of hyperthyroidism (but which option is best?) and acromegaly is now recognised as a severely underdiagnosed endocrinopathy in diabetic cats, as well as non-diabetic cats. In summary – lots to discuss!
Why do this course?
If you want to update yourself on all that has changed in feline endocrinology in one single course, this has to be the one! You will feel much more confident about managing your feline cases with hormonal disease.
Course format: A mixture of two hour weekly webinars (which can be viewed live and/or as recorded versions throughout the course), online case assessment exercises, supplementary reading material and tutor-moderated online discussion forums
Course length: Four weeks
CPD hours: Up to 16
Relevant to CertAVP module/s: Small Animal Medicine C modules (C-SAM.6 and 8)