Online course with optional practical day
CPD Hours: 26 hours
Course Length: Up to 26 for online course
Course Format: An intensive tutor-moderated online learning experience. Resources include online presentations, electronic course notes, practical exercises, self-assessment quizzes and discussion forums in which participants review and discuss clinical material with their colleagues and the tutor
- Understand the basic physics of diagnostic ultrasound.
- Be familiar with common ultrasound artefacts. How to identify them and how to correct them or use them for your interpretation.
- Learn how to set the ultrasound machine for an examination and the options you have for recording images and clips.
- Review and become familiar with the normal ultrasonographic appearance of the major abdominal organs of the dog and cat.
- Learn the technique to perform a basic abdominal ultrasound examination.
- Learn the technique and how to practice ultrasound-guided fine needle aspirates and biopsies.
Would you like to start to build your ultrasound knowledge and skills from the comfort of your own computer?
This online course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills required to perform a basic abdominal ultrasonographic examination. The online course is followed by an optional practical session (8 CPD hours) on Wednesday 18th May 2022 at the RVC (limited to 20 participants).
Why do this course?
At the end of the course you will have developed techniques and a structured approach to allow you to perform a basic abdominal ultrasound in a dog or cat.
Book offer: As a registered delegate on the Practical abdominal ultrasound scanning day and/or Abdominal ultrasonography online course we are offering the opportunity to purchase Pete Mantis' Practical small animal ultrasonography: Abdomen book with a 15% discount. Usually selling for 59€ RRP (£55 approx.), you can purchase the book for £46.50 plus 2nd class P&P £3.20 to UK address.
If you would like to purchase the book but live outside the UK, please contact the CPD Unit on 01707 666865 or email@example.com for P&P costs.
For more information on the book, please see Practical small animal ultrasonography: Abdomen
In line with the RVC’s environmental policy we are trying to reduce our use of paper, therefore we will not be supplying printed course notes. The course notes will be available electronically as a downloadable pdf on the course which can be printed.
Pete Mantis, DVM DipECVDI FHEA FRCVS
Head of Diagnostic Imaging, Dick White Referrals
Honorary Associate Professor of Diagnostic Imaging, Nottingham University
Proudly supported by: