Online course with optional practical day
CPD Hours: 26 hours
Course Length: Up to 26 for online course
Course Format: An intensive tutor-moderated online learning experience. Resources include online presentations, electronic course notes, practical exercises, self-assessment quizzes and discussion forums in which participants review and discuss clinical material with their colleagues and the tutor
- Understand the basic physics of diagnostic ultrasound
- Be familiar with common ultrasound artefacts. How to identify them and how to correct them or use them for your interpretation
- Learn how to set the ultrasound machine for an examination and the options you have for recording images and clips
- Review and become familiar with the normal ultrasonographic appearance of the major abdominal organs of the dog and cat
- Learn the technique to perform a basic abdominal ultrasound examination
- Learn the technique and how to practice ultrasound-guided fine needle aspirates and biopsies
Would you like to start to build your ultrasound knowledge and skills from the comfort of your own computer?
This online course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills required to perform a basic abdominal ultrasonographic examination. The online course is followed by an optional practical session (8 CPD hours) on Wednesday 14th June 2023. Participants booked on the Abdominal ultrasonography online course will have priority booking.
At the end of the course you will have developed techniques and a structured approach to allow you to perform a basic abdominal ultrasound in a dog or cat.
An online version of Pete Mantis’ latest Practical small animal ultrasonography book is included in the course fee. For more information on the book and to purchase a hard copy please see Practical small animal ultrasonography: Abdomen
Pete Mantis, DVM DipECVDI FHEA FRCVS
Head of Diagnostic Imaging, Dick White Referrals
Honorary Associate Professor of Diagnostic Imaging, Nottingham University