- The larynx - laryngeal paralysis - arytenoid lateralisation, biopsy procedures
- The trachea - temporary tracheostomy placement, tracheal prosthesis and stents
- Ventral neck - exploration for stick injuries, foreign bodies, abscesses, thyroidectomy
- Sinonasal aspergillosis - frontal sinus trephination, placement of nasal catheters
- Ear - Lateral approach to the ear canal, total ear canal ablation and lateral bulla osteotomy, ventral bulla osteotomy
- Nose - rhinoplasty, lateral nasal resection
Do you find surgical procedures of the head and neck a challenge? Create some surgical “head space” with this practical CPD course.
Head and neck surgery can be challenging as the patients can be in respiratory distress (e.g. laryngeal paralysis) or in great pain (e.g. chronic ear disease). We will review the complex anatomy of the head and neck and discuss common conditions involving investigations, surgical procedures and post operative care for a variety of conditions. The course will cover conditions such as ventral neck exploratory surgery for traumatic neck injuries such as stick impalement, ear surgery, the management of sinonasal diseases such as Aspergillus, laryngeal paralysis and tracheal disease.
Why do this course?
If you have some surgical experience, this course will give you more confidence to start operating on the head and neck. If you are a more experienced practitioner it will allow you to refine and develop your surgical techniques and you will receive valuable tips from our specialist surgical team.