CPD Hours: 42 hours
Course Length: Six weeks
Course Format: An intensive tutor-moderated online learning experience. Resources include online presentations, electronic course notes, case assessments, supplementary reading material and discussion forums in which participants review and discuss cases with their colleagues and the tutors
- Introduction to logical clinical problem solving
- Problem based approach to vomiting, diarrhoea, weight loss, polyuria/polydipsia and anaemia
- Interpretation of clinical pathology related to liver and pancreatic disease
- Interpretation of clinical pathology related to renal function
- Interpretation of the haemogram
Do you find medical cases frustrating rather than fun? Does the thought of seeing a patient with chronic diarrhoea make your heart sink? Would you like to increase your confidence so that you can assess and manage medical cases competently? Would you like to enjoy practice more and get a buzz of excitement rather than a frisson of fear from medical cases?
Why do this course?
This course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills required to apply logical problem solving skills to some of the important clinical signs seen in small animal practice.
In line with the RVC’s environmental policy we are trying to reduce our use of paper, therefore we will not be supplying printed course notes. The course notes will be available electronically as a downloadable pdf on the course which can be printed.