- Ultrasound physics, artefacts and equipment
- Echocardiographic technique
- Echocardiographic changes in common acquired cardiac disease
- Echocardiographic measurements
- Echo changes associated with left sided heart disease
- Echo changes associated with right sided heart disease
- Mystery cases
- Practical hands-on workshop
Have an ultrasound machine in your practice, but reluctant to use it to image the heart? Already doing abdominal ultrasound, but nervous to go north of the diaphragm?
This course is designed to provide participants with the foundations required to perform a basic echocardiographic examination, and a protocol to follow to obtain standard two-dimensional echocardiography (2D echo) images. You will learn how to identify normal cardiac anatomy and normal variations on 2D echo, as well as changes seen with common diseases. This forms the backbone of all echocardiography. This is a two-day course split by two weeks, the first day Wednesday 19th April and second day Wednesday 3rd May allowing some time to practise in between!
Why do this course?
This course will provide you with the means to make clinical decisions in cardiac patients that are very challenging without echocardiography.
Please note this is a popular course with limited spaces so book early to avoid disappointment.
Proudly supported by: